Preventing the spread of the virus in Nilgiris
Our strategy is to contain the virus by preventing the spread. Here is how we are doing it:
- Although the rest of the state does not require it, the E-pass is still needed for visitors to enter Nilgiris so that the administration can monitor visitors and trace contacts.
- Contact tracing when people get infected so that others can test and be cautious.
- The Nilgiris is constantly increasing the testing facilities with easy access for all.
- People with no space at home to isolate themselves are provided with free quarantine facilities.
- Through mobile vans, kiosks in public squares, and this website the Nilgiris administration is spreading awareness to every town and hatti in the district so that people know how to protect themselves and others and follow the right protocols if they test positive.